The Alarm.com Demo House Opens to Offer a True Smart Home Demonstration Center
TYSONS, Va., Nov. 01, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alarm.com (Nasdaq:ALRM), the leading platform for the intelligently connected property, has opened the doors of its Demo House, a state-of-the-art, 1,700 square foot smart home in Falls Church, VA. Open to Alarm.com's partners, the media and consumers, Alarm.com created the Demo House as a new way to demonstrate the benefits of its smart home security technology. The house is equipped with a full suite of next-generation home automation technology including a smart security system with integrated energy management, video monitoring, access control, independent living and home automation solutions. Connected devices in the home include a smart thermostat with remote temperature sensing, as well as locks, lights, video doorbells, garage door opener, shades, water control, voice assistants and more. Devices are intelligently connected through Alarm.com's cloud platform and mobile apps for an integrated, advanced smart home experience.
"We know that consumers are excited about the possibilities of the smart home," says Alison Slavin, co-founder and senior vice-president, Creation Lab, at Alarm.com. "To help educate and inform people, we turned a neighborhood bungalow into a state-of-the-art smart home. We created a realistic demonstration center that shows everything a smart home can do when it runs on a single platform like Alarm.com. From proactive smart home security with video monitoring and automated locks, to lights and shades controlled by voice and multi-device Scenes commands, you'll find it here under one roof, controlled by one app."
Alarm.com expects to welcome a wide range of visitors to the Demo House, with tours and briefings for journalists, bloggers, media influencers and industry analysts. The Demo House will also host Alarm.com's service provider partners who bring Alarm.com's solutions to market, and leading hardware partner brands whose connected devices Alarm.com integrates into its solutions.
Around the property, visitors can experience a complete range of the latest smart home and business technologies:
- Smart home security technology incorporates an array of wireless sensors, with always-on awareness to detect activity, proactively trigger other connected devices and alert the homeowner with smartphone notifications.
- Smart thermostat with remote temperature sensing; saves energy and enhances comfort by adapting to real-time activity data.
- A "smart front door" with voice-enabled doorbell camera and smart lock, enabling users to answer, unlock and re-lock the door remotely.
- Connected security cameras capable of capturing activity in HD resolution—day or night—and alerting the homeowner based on activity type and other system data.
- Integrated third-party smart devices from leading brands including Amazon Echo, Google Home and Apple TV—all able to control other devices and systems around home.
- Wellness: an independent living solution that monitors activity patterns, alerts loved ones or caregivers about dangerous situations, and offers detailed insights into quality of life.
- Smart business security: fully-integrated, commercial-grade connected devices that enable small and medium sized business owners to securely and efficiently manage their businesses from anywhere using Alarm.com.
With more than 5 million properties connected, Alarm.com is the leading smart home and business solution. It offers a better way for home and business owners to enjoy the benefits of smart technology, with advanced security technology connecting and coordinating a complete ecosystem of smart devices, all supplied and supported by professional service providers for a stress-free experience.
For more information, visit the Demo House's new website at www.alarm.com/demohouse.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/c81a099f-e443-425e-b1c6-7124c30bc5a5
Alarm.com is the leading platform for the intelligently connected property. Millions of people use Alarm.com's technology to monitor and control their property from anywhere. Centered on security and remote monitoring, our platform addresses a wide range of market needs and enables application-based control for a growing variety of Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Our security, video monitoring, intelligent automation and energy management solutions are available through our network of thousands of professional service providers in North America and around the globe. Alarm.com's common stock is traded on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol ALRM. For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.