Alarm.com Launches Smarter Access Control for Businesses
“Engineered to seamlessly integrate with our Alarm.com for Business offering, Smarter Access Control is a commercial-grade access solution that simplifies installation, operation and support,” says Dan Kerzner, Chief Product Officer at Alarm.com. “We’ve tailored the solution to the needs of end users, making access control easy at any scale, from a single front door to an entire office. Customers can remotely lock or unlock doors, and even handle complex functions like managing employee access plans and schedules. Smarter Access Control helps our service provider partners offer a differentiated customer experience, and provides new bundling and upsell opportunities.”
Smarter Access Control lets users quickly and easily manage permissions for all access points of a business, including doors with card readers and Z-Wave locks, as well as security partitions. As part of the comprehensive Alarm.com for Business solution, Smarter Access Control gives users additional benefits and more automation options. For example, a single app button can unlock a business’ front door, disarm the alarm and adjust the temperature. Users can also receive alerts and access-triggered video notifications when doors report unauthorized access attempts, or forced or held-open events.
The solution uses hardware from Mercury Security, a global leader in OEM access control technology, enabling Alarm.com’s service provider partners to address a full range of vertical markets and customer needs.
Key benefits for service providers include:
- Greater RMR opportunity: Smarter Access Control provides Alarm.com service providers with an additional RMR opportunity that can be bundled with intrusion and/or video proposals or offered to current customers, largely without the need to swap out existing hardware.
- Higher value, differentiated solution: Combining access with intrusion, video surveillance, and other services increases customer engagement and helps service providers deliver a more meaningful impact on their customers’ business operations.
- Reduced workload; end-to-end support: Alarm.com’s single service provider interface and MobileTech tools make configuration and remote support efficient. Alarm.com’s Growth and Productivity Services provide a full suite of technical, sales and marketing training at no extra charge.
The benefits for business customers include:
- Smarter integration: Integrated with other Alarm.com services, the solution can trigger security panel disarming when a door is accessed, as well as video recordings, alerts and other automatic actions, with event history easily cross-checked and reviewed.
- No technical expertise necessary: Alarm.com’s intuitive interface makes it easy for any small or medium-sized business owner to manage access for employees. Setting up access for a new employee is as simple as typing in their name, assigning a user code, and scanning a new access card.
- Versatile and scalable: From simple setups in light retail to offices requiring sophisticated schedules and rules, Smarter Access Control is adaptable to a wide range of operational preferences and business needs.
- Less hardware onsite:Alarm.com’s secure cloud infrastructure eliminates the need for expensive onsite networking hardware and simplifies training for administrators.
Smarter Access Control is available now, and is exclusively sold, configured and supported by Alarm.com’s authorized service providers. ISC West 2018 attendees can learn more about Smarter Access Control by visiting Alarm.com at booth #23015.
Alarm.com is the leading platform for the intelligently connected property. Millions of people depend on Alarm.com's technology to monitor and control their property from anywhere. Centered on security and remote monitoring, our platform addresses a wide range of market needs and enables application-based control for a growing variety of Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Our security, video monitoring, intelligent automation and energy management solutions are available through our network of thousands of professional service providers in North America and around the globe. Alarm.com's common stock is traded on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol ALRM. For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at http://resource.globenewswire.com/Resource/Download/666df28e-3230-4289-ac88-1ea4fab2e3aa
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://resource.globenewswire.com/Resource/Download/f9ef0c53-863d-46c0-a3ff-3a6df218f792
Source: Alarm.com Holdings, Inc.