Use of Antiquated Security Methods Leaves Many U.S. Homes Vulnerable to Crime During Holidays, Survey Finds
Alarm.com Offers Homeowners Five Tips to Improve Crime Prevention
TYSONS, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 19, 2019--
U.S. homeowners may not be doing enough to protect their homes during the holidays, new survey results from
“The holidays are for celebrating with friends and loved ones, but also are a perfect reminder to make sure we’re properly protecting our homes and everyone in them,” said
The survey of 10,000 U.S. homeowners was conducted for
- Don’t leave gifts out for package thieves. Bring packages inside immediately or have delivery people put them safely inside your home using a doorbell camera and smart lock.
- Secure all access points. Avoid the dreaded “Did I close the garage door?” feeling by getting reminders and remotely controlling locks and garage doors if you leave without securing them.
- Ditch the spare key. Rather than risk losing hidden spare keys, or worse, having a burglar find them, smart locks with dedicated codes can help you keep track of who’s coming and going.
- Get a smart home security system. Burglars look for security systems with outdoor cameras and automated lighting when picking their targets, and most will go elsewhere if they spot them.
- Think beyond standalone devices. They can be effective but have limited capabilities, so consider a professionally installed and monitored system that easily connects a wide-range of devices for whole-home protection.
Free information about other home security concerns as well as helpful questions to ask when choosing a home security system are available at www.alarm.com/blog.
Alarm.com Public Relations
Phone: (571) 620-2025